Research Experiences for Undergraduates
in Mathematics at
Missouri State University
Pending funding from the National Science Foundation, Jorge Rebaza, Les Reid, Steven Senger, and
Xingping Sun will host an REU at Missouri State in the summer of 2015.
Twelve undergraduates will be
selected from universities across the country (although we will be specifically targeting
schools in Missouri and surrounding states, in particular those where STEM opportunities are limited).
Minorities, women, students with disabilities, first-generation students, and students
from primarily undergraduate institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: You need
Adobe Acrobat to view some of the documents
linked to from this page.
- An on-line application form will be available shortly.
- Review of applications will begin March 2, 2015.
- Students who are currently a Junior or Senior, but who
will not have graduated by the time of the program
- A GPA of at least 3.25 in Mathematics
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Duration: 8 weeks (June 8 - July 31)
- A $3800 stipend and a $550 travel allowance
- On-campus housing and a meal allowance
- Faculty-student mentoring
- Weekend social activities
Sample Research Projects for Summer 2015
Poster and Brochure
- There is a poster here. (PDF format)
- There is a brochure here. (PDF format)
- E-mail: MathREU@MissouriState.edu
- Phone: (417) 836-5583 (Reid), (417) 836-5943 (Rebaza)
- Fax: (417) 836-6966
- Post: Department of Mathematics, Missouri State University,
901 S. National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897
This material is based upon work suppported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Numbers 0552573 and 1153382.