Research Experiences for Undergraduates
in Mathematics at
Missouri State University
Jorge Rebaza, Les Reid, Steven Senger, and
Xingping Sun will host an REU at Missouri State in the summer of 2017.
Twelve undergraduates will be
selected from universities across the country (although we will be specifically targeting
schools in Missouri and surrounding states, in particular those where STEM opportunities are limited).
Minorities, women, students with disabilities, first-generation students, and students
from primarily undergraduate institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: You need
Adobe Acrobat to view some of the documents
linked to from this page.
An on-line application form is here.
- Review of applications will begin March 11, 2016.
- Students who are currently a Junior or Senior, but who
will not have graduated by the time of the program
- A GPA of at least 3.25 in Mathematics
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Duration: 8 weeks (June 12 - August 4)
- A $4000 stipend and a $550 travel allowance
- On-campus housing and a meal allowance
- Faculty-student mentoring
- Weekend social activities
Sample Research Projects for Summer 2017
Poster and Brochure
- There is a poster here. (PDF)
- There is a brochure here. (PDF)
- E-mail: MathREU@MissouriState.edu
- Phone: (417) 836-5583 (Reid), (417) 836-5943 (Rebaza)
- Fax: (417) 836-6966
- Post: Department of Mathematics, Missouri State University,
901 S National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897
This material is based upon work suppported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Numbers
0552573,1153382, and 1559911.